Join our Team!
Check back frequently for openings at our high growth, high success transfer charter school.
Now Hiring for Academic Year - 2021-2022
Open Positions and How to Apply are Below:
Certified Teachers and Counselors
Submit your resume and a cover letter today to:
Brooklyn Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Queens Campus: email@example.com
Grow with New Dawn Charter Schools!
Are you ready for a challenge and want to commit yourself to one of the most rewarding jobs in education? If so, then New Dawn Charter Schools are the place for you. As a transfer school we serve some of the most at-risk students in NYC. Our students are aged 15-21 (Brooklyn) and 16-21 (Queens), and are under-credited when they enter at New Dawn. We invite individuals to apply who are motivated by a challenge and are capable of navigating some of the most challenging learning and instructional issues in education, locally and nationally. We believe that an equitable education is a human rights issue, and that all students deserve a high quality education, regardless of their learning or social/emotional needs, and we are currently seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference and joining us on this incredible mission at an extraordinary time of growth at New Dawn Charter Schools.
Ways in which we differ from traditional educational models and benefits:
• You will work with some of the most interesting and deserving students in NYC. Many of those have been left behind, for a variety of reasons, by more traditional educational settings.
• Every day will provide not only challenges, but opportunities to reach students who afford you with the knowledge that you have made a lasting impression and impact upon a student's life and learning goals. Our students are smart and funny, and so talented, and harnessing those attributes is what we strive for every day.
• We offer daily support to our teachers, faculty, and staff in a myriad of ways and offer cutting-edge opportunities for professional development.
• Principals who not only teach classes and allow all teachers to observe best-practices, they will also be in your classroom offering support in order for you to achieve your individual goals and personal growth.
• Peer Committees compiled with collaborative teachers who observe each other's classrooms and offer feedback to one another in an environment where the administration is supportive of this process and allows room for the teachers to lead this charge.
• Professional Learning Communities who collaborate together within an inter-disciplinary frame-work in order to better support our students' and faculties needs and learning outcomes as well as common planning and preparation time for the efficacy of the important work that takes places within a PLC environment.
• A strong support staff who embody the mission of the organization and lead by example with a clear focus for student growth and achievement.
• A supportive and engaged Board of Trustees who deeply understand the challenges of working in a transfer school.
• Our Educators serve on every committee in the school including: Attendance, Discipline, School Based and Student Team, Executive, Student Learning Objectives, Staff Compensation and Human Resources, and attend Board meetings.
• We are a full-year school operating from September through June, and then Summer sessions operate July through mid-August and are a requirement based on the needs of the student population who are embracing earning credit throughout the year. Summer hours for staff are from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
• Hours of work are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., September through June. Built into this schedule from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., are designated days for professional development, co-teaching and common-planning time, opportunities for reach out to mentees, and collaborate with one another.
• Instruction is driven and informed by data collection from teachers in the classroom and analyzed through cutting-edge software Programs.
• Teachers and staff participate in Instructional Rounds with other schools involved in equity projects and the DCC initiatives, these programs are executed through invitational school visits and partnerships throughout New York City, as educators and administrators we value conducting classroom observations and developing solutions to problems of practice that impact us all within.
• Opportunities to become trained and certified in the Danielson Classroom Observation Rubric as teachers and leaders.
• Access to exceptional Professional Development days from TERC Using Data, Danielson methodologies and implementations, Metamorphis, A.L.L., and many more.
Benefits we offer to all staff:
• Competitive salaries
• 403B retirement plans with individual access to representatives and financial advisers
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Long and Short-term disability
• Generous and flexible time-off policies
• We encourage staff who wish to learn and develop their own charter applications
• Opportunities for growth and developing leadership throughout the organization
• A community where your voice will be heard and have an impact
Just like our students, we welcome teachers who do not necessarily fit into a traditional model, those who are beginning their careers, or who are reinvigorating their career, and who see themselves and those around them as life-long learners, who have a passion to change lives with a team who are dedicated to the holistic needs of students and our youth in New York City.
Come grow with us! Our network of New Dawn Charter Schools are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented professionals. Please send resumes and cover letters to either campus at:
Brooklyn - firstname.lastname@example.org
Queens - email@example.com